Wolston and Centenary Catchments Inc (WaCC) is a not-for-profit organisation working to protect and enhance the natural environment within and around Wolston and Centenary Catchments. As a lead community organisation for local conservation initiatives, WaCC works closely with partners and volunteers in projects such as creek restoration, biodiversity surveys and nature appreciation walks. WaCC also offers capacity-building opportunities for members and volunteers.
Our Vision: Our Catchment… Our Community… Our Commitment
A catchment that is ecologically balanced and valued by its community
To protect and enhance the natural environment and resources within and around Wolston and Centenary Catchments.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with all levels of government, community and industry to achieve outcome-based results.
- Advocate sustainable land-use and conservation practices needed in the catchment, recognising the interactions between land, waterways, vegetation, wildlife and recognising the value of biodiversity.
- Foster cooperation between all members of this community in achieving the mission of the association.
- Increase awareness, appreciation and care of our natural environment.
- Engage in projects and initiatives that have sound planning and clear measurable outcomes.
- Build the capacity of WaCC and the community.
- Seek and maintain diverse funding sources.
Our Core Values
- We are committed to protecting and enhancing our natural environment.
- We believe in taking care of our natural resources for the benefit of future generations.
- We encourage responsible environmental behaviour through community education and engagement.
- We are committed to professional governance and regular review of our practices for accountability, effectiveness and relevance.
- We use the best available conservation science and environmental management practices to set priorities, make decisions and take actions.
- We practice fair and objective decision-making.
- We conduct our work in an environmentally and socially sensitive manner.
- We value collaborative partnerships and volunteerism.
- We maintain a supportive environment through teamwork, good leadership, and a sense of fulfillment, fun and humour.
WaCC’s 2016 Annual Report
WaCC has produced its annual report for 2016 as follows: